MASSAGE FOR CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
*I am currently offering In-home classes for groups and individuals.
Please contact me directly for registration and information
This class will address how to Massage your child in relation to their diagnosis. It will provide information and hands on practice for the parents to work with their child to address their specific needs. The goal of this class is to provide you the parent with a tool to meet your child where they are at and be able to provide them with nurturing therapeutic touch to: (examples of a few of the benefits)
- Decrease Pain
- Decrease Anxiety
- Decrease Depression
- Decrease Aversion to Touch
- Help Improve Behaviors
- Help Sooth, Calm, and Relax to Decrease Anxiety
- Help To Improve Focus and Concentration
- Increase the Levels of (Feel-Good) Neurotransmitters such as Serotonin and Dopamine
- Increase the Levels of Oxytocin (Nurturing Hormone)
- Decrease the Levels of Cortisol (Stress Hormone)
- Increase White Blood Cell and Neutrophil Counts
- Assist in Maintaining and Increasing Flexibility, Provide Movement in the Joints and Prevent Contractures of the Muscles
- Help in Decreasing Tone in Spastic Muscles, Relieving Tension and Spasms, and Improving Blood Circulation and Digestion
- Delay Onset of Contractures
- Ease Breathing & Improve Overall Pulmonary Function
- Increase Performance on Motor Tasks
- Provide Relief from Constipation
- Increase Weight Gain
Some of the Diagnoses this class will be addressing are : Autism Spectrum Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, Post NICU Premies, Oncology, ADHD, Down Syndrome, PTSD, Trauma, and Hospice.
Registration & Refund Policy
Class size is limited and registration space is granted on a first come first served basis. There is no registration deadline. Full payment is due at the time of registration. When I receive a registration I will send a confirmation email.
A full refund, minus a $25.00 processing fee will be given upon request at least 1 week prior to the beginning of class. If a request for refund is made after the 1 week deadline, no refund will be issued at that time.
*Students may transfer fee to a future class if available.