Infant Massage, Parent / Baby Education
*I am currently offering In-home classes for groups and individuals.
Please click on the photo at the bottom of this page to contact me directly for registration and information
Infant massage is a gentle, loving way to connect with your baby while helping smooth their transition into the world beyond the womb. The benefits of incorporating massage into your baby’s regular routine are immense — ranging from improved digestion to deeper sleep, relieved stress to increased awareness and physical development. Further, infant massage helps parents better understand their child’s non-verbal communication which helps build mutual trust and deeper understanding, fostering an even stronger, more intimate and confident bond between you both.
My courses are taught in a 4 Class Series. This gives both the parent and baby time to learn and become comfortable with the massage. Each week parents learn strokes for a new part of the body while reviewing strokes from previous classes. So new strokes are learned and previous information is reinforced. I teach a little at a time to ensure that you are confident with every aspect.
The strokes and styles of baby massage are easier to grasp when demonstrated by an experienced instructor. Pressure, rate, rhythm, the length of the massage, respect, bonding, why baby cries, baby’s body language, positioning of the baby, specific techniques to help relieve colic, constipation and other digestion discomforts, relaxation and parent empowerment are some of the skills and topics that will be discussed.
The environment of this class is relaxed and laid back, allowing you to spend quality time with your baby in the supportive company of other parents while learning a new, fun skill for connecting with your child. Partners or other primary caregivers are welcome to come as well! Handouts and massage oil will be provided.
Benefits of Infant Massage Therapy
- Creates Deep Bonds Between Parent & Baby
- Provides Nurturing Touch For Baby and Parent
- Enhances Digestive Development Which May Provide Relief From Colic And Other Digestive Issues.
- Helps Baby Sleep Better, Deeper, Longer
- Promotes Better Communication, Confidence, Trust & Respect Between Baby & Parent
- Facilitates Healthy Weight Gain In Pre & Full Term Infants
- Stimulates Brain Development & Improves Sensory Awareness And Motor Skills
- Promotes The Healthy Development Of Your Babies Mind, Body & Spirit